Meeting Tomorrow services the event industry by providing technology services and equipment to enable live and virtual events nationwide. We do 10,000+ events a year ranging anywhere from small sales meeting setups to large conferences with thousands of attendees. We offer the best coworkers you’ll find anywhere, extensive training and professional development, great benefits, and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, entrepreneurial environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Profit bonus: we share 10% of our net profit with employees who work at MT the full calendar year
- 401(k) with matching up to 4%
- Dollars for Doers, our charitable contribution and volunteer matching program
- Training and development: we offer a variety of opportunities to learn, whether it’s discussing a Ted Talk over lunch or taking a class on negotiation skills.
- Fitness reimbursement program of up to $50 per month
- Transit benefit program and free Divvy membership
- Free catered lunch every Friday!
- Work life balance. You’ll get PTO, and we expect you to take it! Tenure based system ranging from 15 to 24 days per year.
What we need:
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team. The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing all functions of the Accounting Department, including directly managing two people. If you thrive on accuracy, organization, and collaboration – keep reading!
About the role:
- Prepare the monthly financial statement package and lead the monthly financial close process
- Oversee all general ledger maintenance functions including accruals, account reconciliations and fixed asset management
- Lead all aspects of cash management including monthly bank reconciliations, daily balance tracking, loan payments and advances and payment methods for purchases
- Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
- Primary liaison with outside CPA firm for income tax preparation
- Advise sales team on credit decisions including customer payment terms, order authorizations and agreements
- Manage the Senior Accountant and Accounting Assistant positions
- Supports the VP, Finance & Administration with budgeting and forecasting activities and variance analysis
- Handle general business insurance functions
- Work on special projects requiring broader strategic input and research as needed
Who you are:
- 5-7 years experience in financial reporting/general ledger
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, preferably in Accounting
- Experience managing Accounting staff required
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Sound judgement and decision making process
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
What makes Meeting Tomorrow’s culture so special is the people, and we look for candidates who are a match for our company’s core values: commitment, kindness and humility. If those words describe you and you see yourself in the rest of this posting, you’re ready to apply!
- Your resume.
- A cover letter that explains why you’d be happy in this role and at Meeting Tomorrow, and why you’d be a good fit. Cover letters are an important way for us to get to know you and see what you’re all about, which we know can be hard to express in a resume alone.
- We want you to be happy in this role, so if you don’t see a fit for yourself, take a look at other positions we have open. Still don’t see anything? We’re growing and always looking for great people, so send us some more information about you and your interest in us.
Meeting Tomorrow is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and strive to create and foster an environment where everyone feels welcome.
To learn more about us: