Meeting Tomorrow is a 13 year old company with a startup feel, with a team of 80 friendly employees and 2 dogs, headquartered in the Ravenswood corridor of Chicago. We service the event industry by providing technology services and equipment to enable live and virtual events nationwide. We offer the best coworkers you’ll find anywhere, extensive training and professional development, great benefits, and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, entrepreneurial environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Profit bonus: we share 10% of our net profit with employees who work at MT the full calendar year
- 401(k) with matching up to 4%
- Dollars for Doers, our charitable contribution and volunteer matching program
- Training and development: every week, we offer some kind of opportunity to learn, whether it’s discussing a Ted Talk over lunch or taking a class on negotiation skills.
- Fitness reimbursement program of up to $50 per month
- Free Divvy membership and transit benefits
- Free catered lunch every Friday!
- Work life balance. You’ll get PTO, and we expect you to take it! Tenure based system ranging from 15 to 24 days per year.
About the role:
- Work directly with customers pre-sale to develop creative, high-value technical and scenic solutions
- Balance customer vision with budget constraints to bring event theme to life through audiovisual and technology equipment
- Determine technical requirements and equipment needed to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Determine cost structure and pricing; advise in positioning solution in comparison to competition and negotiation
- Develop and have complete ownership over event project plan: coordinate and communicate with all necessary parties (clients, vendors, technicians, internal teams)
- Serve as the on-site, customer-facing produce for full-scale audio visual production events, while also managing on-site crew (nationwide travel as needed)
- Generally, liaison between internal teams, vendors, technicians and customers to ensure successful events
Who you are:
We are looking for someone who has the right blend of strategic and detailed thinking, technical knowledge and customer relationship skills. Candidates must have the following:
- 5-8 years of audio visual event management experience required, 2 years in a supervisory role preferred
- 2 years experience in a client-facing role
- Intricate working knowledge of audio, video and computer equipment as it relates to corporate events
- Superb client-facing skills
- Experience conceptualizing events for more than 500 attendees
- Dynamic, able to switch gears easily
- Confident and clear communicator
- Details obsessed
- Self-directed and accountable to the big picture; will treat this role like it’s your own business!
- Creative and scrappy problem solver
- Excellent and eager negotiator
- Experience with CAD drawing and design preferred
- An ambassador for Meeting Tomorrow, you hold yourself to the highest professional and work standards
What makes Meeting Tomorrow’s culture so special is the people, and we look for candidates who are a match for our company’s core values: commitment, kindness and humility. If those words describe you and you see yourself in the rest of this posting, you’re ready to apply!
- Your resume.
- A cover letter that explains why you’d be happy in this role and at Meeting Tomorrow, and why you’d be a good fit. Cover letters are an important way for us to get to know you and see what you’re all about, which we know can be hard to express in a resume alone.
- We want you to be happy in this role, so if you don’t see a fit for yourself, take a look at other positions we have open. Still don’t see anything? We’re growing and always looking for great people, so send us some more information about you and your interest in us.
Meeting Tomorrow is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about us: