Meeting Tomorrow is a 15-year-old company with a startup feel, with a team of 80 friendly employees, 2 dogs, headquartered in the Ravenswood corridor of Chicago. We service the event industry by providing technology services and equipment to enable live and virtual events nationwide. We do 10,000+ events a year ranging anywhere from small sales meeting setups to large conferences with thousands of attendees. We offer the best coworkers you’ll find anywhere, extensive training and professional development, great benefits, and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, entrepreneurial environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Profit bonus: we share 10% of our net profit with employees who work at MT the full calendar year
- 401(k) with matching up to 4%
- Dollars for Doers, our charitable contribution and volunteer matching program
- Training and development: we offer a variety of opportunities to learn, whether it’s discussing a Ted Talk over lunch or taking a class on negotiation skills.
- Fitness reimbursement program of up to $50 per month
- Transit benefit program and free Divvy membership
- Free catered lunch every Friday!
- Work life balance. You’ll get PTO, and we expect you to take it! Tenure based system ranging from 15 to 24 days per year.
What we need:
Meeting Tomorrow is looking to maximize the effectiveness of our dynamic, entrepreneurial Founder and CEO by hiring a Full-Time Personal Assistant. For most of our 15 years, our CEO has had part-time or shared administrative support. However, we know that a full-time professional to support with both his personal and professional calendar and administrative tasks can benefit the whole organization.
As an integral member of MT’s team, the ideal Personal Assistant will be committed to a high level of professionalism, discretion and accountability. If you are the kind of person whose hard work, organizational skills, diplomacy and good nature enable everyone around you to do their best work, then we hope you’ll read further and apply.
About the role:
- Proactively manage a complex professional calendar of CEO
- Optimize CEO’s time by reading and researching correspondence; drafting documents; collecting and analyzing information; all aspects of general administrative support
- Assist CEO with projects, research and reports as requested; in some cases, manage independently
- Reminds and holds CEO accountable to important tasks and deadlines
- Manage expense reports of CEO
- Communicate as an extension of the CEO
- Plug in where needed, remain flexible and fluid in role
- Manage personal calendar of CEO
- Manage household needs of CEO including administrative duties like paying bills, scheduling home maintenance and repair work, etc
- Embrace home errands and necessary household tasks
- Book and sometimes plan anything needed from dinner reservations to breakfast meetings
- Sometimes grocery shopping and purchasing of household items
- Occasional transportation of CEO’s son from school to home
Who you are:
We don’t have a minimum number of years of experience required for this position. There are likely a few paths that would lead you here. Do people describe you as…
- Thrive being in a supportive role, yet assertive when required?
- Able to take direction, a quick learner, yet also proactive; someone who anticipates the needs of others?
- Someone who gets great satisfaction from setting up efficient, stable systems, yet somehow also embraces change and a fast paced environment?
- Able to see the big picture, but also detail-obsessed
- Diplomatic, and also direct; able to adapt to others communication styles?
- Discrete and able to take on
- Having a positive, optimistic attitude
We recognize that this list is long and complex; and that is on purpose. If you feel you are still a good match, we hope you apply today!
What makes Meeting Tomorrow’s culture so special is the people, and we look for candidates who are a match for our company’s core values: commitment, kindness and humility. If those words describe you and you see yourself in the rest of this posting, you’re ready to apply!
- Your resume.
- A cover letter that explains why you’d be happy in this role and at Meeting Tomorrow, and why you’d be a good fit. Cover letters are an important way for us to get to know you and see what you’re all about, which we know can be hard to express in a resume alone.
- We want you to be happy in this role, so if you don’t see a fit for yourself, take a look at other positions we have open. Still don’t see anything? We’re growing and always looking for great people, so send us some more information about you and your interest in us.
Meeting Tomorrow is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about us: