Meeting Tomorrow is a 13 year old company with a startup feel, with a team of 80 friendly employees, headquartered in the Ravenswood corridor of Chicago. We service the event industry by providing technology services and equipment to enable live and virtual events nationwide. We offer the best support team you’ll find anywhere, extensive training and professional development, and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment. We’re looking for a webcast encoding technician to give our clients the best on-site technical service in the industry. This means setting up gear and providing technical expertise all while being extremely professional and likeable.
- Collaborate with Meeting Tomorrow and client prior to event
- Travel nationwide to manage webcast events
- Set up and operate webcast encoding equipment
- Assist with camera, audio and lighting setup
- Communicate onsite with clients to assure their needs are being met
- Quickly diagnose and resolve technical issues, and communicate solutions
- Manage daily changes in pace, intensity and the unexpected
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years in a client facing role
- Experience using encoding software including Wirecast and FMLE
- Strong understanding of video production
- Proficient in both Mac and PC operating systems
- Basic knowledge of computer networking
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability work with individuals involved with all levels of the event (clients,Meeting Tomorrow team members, other technicians, etc.)
- Customer service focused and diplomatic
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to problem solve proactively, with proven experience doing so
- Able to maintain calm and professional demeanor in a high stress, live event environment Anything else?What makes Meeting Tomorrow’s culture so special is the people, and we look for candidates who are a match for our company’s core values: commitment, kindness and humility. If those words describe you and you see yourself in the rest of this posting, you’re ready to apply!
- Your resume.
- A cover letter that explains why you’d be happy in this role and at Meeting Tomorrow, and why you’d be a good fit. Cover letters are an important way for us to get to know you and see what you’re all about, which we know can be hard to express in a resume alone.We want you to be happy in this role, so if you don’t see a fit for yourself, take a look at other positions we have open. Still don’t see anything? We’re growing and always looking for great people, so send us some more information about you and your interest in us.Meeting Tomorrow is an equal opportunity employer.