Meeting Tomorrow is an audiovisual and event technology company with a nationwide presence. In our 15 years, we’ve experienced on average double-digit growth each year through clients finding us through referrals and online marketing. In the past few years, a key component of our growth strategy is building out a team of Strategic Account Directors to proactively bring in new business.
As a Strategic Account Director (SAD), your goal is to bring new audiovisual and/or technology solutions to your clients for all of their nationwide event needs. You’re responsible for selling $1,000,000 in your first 12 months and have the autonomy to bring in business from your own creative lens. We offer many services under the AV umbrella that will help you reach this goal: production services for large conferences, support for smaller group presentations, webcasting solutions, video displays and thousands of iPads and laptops. SAD’s are successful in this role when they find clients who execute multiple meetings throughout the year and Meeting Tomorrow can be their dedicated production partner.
What we offer:
You’ll also get to work with all of the amazing people behind the product that make it what it is. We have about 80 people at our headquarters and a few remote salespeople. In sales, you’ll work closely with our Technical Sales Engineers (TSE) who are the technical masterminds behind the events we produce, and Event Managers who are the client’s day-to-day planner after you close the sale. You’ll be traveling a lot – meeting with clients, giving presentations, attending networking events, and going to conferences so you’ll have the balance between travel and home office time.
We have a start-up, high growth culture which means you’ll have a lot of autonomy and flexibility to help build the company. We pay competitively and there is no limit to what you can earn. You’re not limited to inventory – the only limitation is your own time and we’ll add resources to help you scale. You tell us how you want to build your business and we’re here to support you in making that happen.
What we need:
In order to be successful in our industry, you have to love events and want to help customers accomplish their creative vision for the event. And, you’re someone who is excited to build your book of business from scratch. You have relationships with meeting planners and have experience uncovering needs and mapping them to solutions.
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Understand MT’s value and map to client needs
- Have a system for managing leads and clients
- Learn internal roles and communication process
- Determine resources needed for prospecting (lead generation, collateral, presentations, proposals, etc.)
- Determine travel calendar and budget allocation
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Create a strategic plan for achieving revenue goals
- Present to at least 20 clients with the support of VP, Directors and TSEs
- Collaborate on 10 custom proposals with the support of VP, Directors and TSEs
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Have created master services agreements with at least 5 clients
- Onboard a new client with Event Manager and understand EM responsibilities
- Attend at least 3 events to see the production and client onsite experience
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Have achieved servicing $1,000,000 of audiovisual services for your client’s events
- Have built a handful of strong client partnerships who see a ton of value working with MT
- Be able to accurately forecast your business 6-9 months out
Meeting Tomorrow provides AV services & technology rentals for meetings and events around the country. Our company values are kindness, commitment & humility, and we live them out in the way we treat our clients and coworkers. We have a world-class team of high achievers who inspire others and will always have each other’s backs. We’ve been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago by Crain’s and one of the Best Places to Work in Events by Event Marketer. We’re excited to announce that we’re moving to a new building in Chicago at the end of 2018! Check out our new space along the Chicago River here.
What makes Meeting Tomorrow’s culture so special is the people, and we look for candidates who are a match for our company’s core values: commitment, kindness and humility. If those words describe you and you see yourself in the rest of this posting, you’re ready to apply!
- Your resume.
- A cover letter that explains why you’d be happy in this role and at Meeting Tomorrow, and why you’d be a good fit. Cover letters are an important way for us to get to know you and see what you’re all about, which we know can be hard to express in a resume alone.
- We want you to be happy in this role, so if you don’t see a fit for yourself, take a look at other positions we have open. Still don’t see anything? We’re growing and always looking for great people, so send us some more information about you and your interest in us.
Meeting Tomorrow is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about us: