Compare display rentals to see which is right for your event.
A video wall may be right for you if…
- Your budget is ~$10,000 or more
- You want the most modern, impressive looking display available
- You want the ability to show separate images on each panel AND one seamless image
- You need a big solution that is brought in smaller pieces and assembled onsite
- Your audience is 100-250 people
A large monitor / TV may be right for you if…
- Your budget is ~$2,000 or more
- You want a lower cost display that still looks professional
- You only want to show one image / video at a time
- You can get a large monitor into the space (through doorways or elevators)
- Your audience is 25-150 people
Video Wall vs. TV
An 80″ or 90″ monitor is very large display in its own right and a great budget alternative. To put things in perspective though, the display area of a 3×3 video wall is ~10’ x 5.7’ (equal to a 138” monitor) and a 4×4 video wall is ~13.5’ x 7.5’ (equal to a 184” monitor). If you’re worried a single TV won’t be enough, renting multiple monitors is a another option and also allows you to display unique content on each one.
A projector & screen may be right for you if…
- Your budget is ~$1,000 or more (higher for commercial projectors)
- You don’t mind having the image separate from the video source
- You’re able to keep the projector path clear of obstructions (foot traffic, shadows)
- You want the ability to show any image configuration
- You need a solution that is flexible for any size space or audience
Video Wall vs. Projector
Comparing a video wall to a projector isn’t as simple and depends more on the environment and layout of the event. In general, a video wall rental will produce a much higher quality image with much greater contrast. However, a projector and screen could be a great solution for any size event as long as there isn’t ambient light to interfere with the projection. Alternatively, a video wall will look bright and clear in both dark and well lit scenarios.