A Teacher's Best Friend is a Computer
The internet provides an enormous resource for teachers, including subject-specific lesson plan ideas and online communities where teachers can exchange anecdotes and successes.
Many teachers place their own lesson plans online for newer teachers who are looking for good ideas.
- Math Forums: Provides many math lessons.
- Lessons and Guides: Site that has compiled a list of web lesson links for teachers.
Contests, big projects, and other activities can go up on the class web to make the learning experience more fun. These sites also allow parents to keep up with their children's accomplishments. One example is St. Mary's Page.
Web quests can also be a valuable learning tool for teachers. Students learn more when they are engaged and having fun. Web quests are one of the best ways to ensure this. Many are available on the web for teachers such as webquest search which allows teachers to search for web quests.
Virtual Field Trips
Teachers can bring the rest of the world into the classroom by using virtual tours.
- Virtual Trips: Listing of virtual field trips to South America.
- Geology Field Trips: Listing of field trips relating to geological studies.
- Virtual Trip to Hawaii: A virtual field trip to Hawaii.
Just like teachers, students may often want to have their own webpage. For older students, student webs can be helpful because they have an outlet to display their work. Often, a school will have web space available for their students to put web pages up.
- Student Webpage Guidelines: Example of the typical guidelines for student web pages.
- Design Basics: Good examples of what to do and not to do when constructing a student page.
Every teacher will eventually find themselves in a situation where they need to find some help. With the Internet, it's really easy.
- Links For Teachers: The Library of Congress page put together for teachers.
- Core Teaching Resources: A good resource site for teachers.
- Holocaust Resources: Site with resources that deal with the Holocaust.
- K12 Resources: A compilation of resources for teachers of different grades.
Just like students, teachers should always be learning. There are many websites that have tutorials available for teachers. Many of these tutorials helps teachers keep up with current programs and technology. One of these is Teacher Tools which offers tutorials and other valuable information available for teachers.
- PowerPoint Accessibility: Discusses Power Point in depth.
Get event technology news, trends and tips delivered straight to your inbox every month.