For the most part, connecting your Mac to a projector is relatively simple. While not every setup is identical, here are a few basic steps to help guide you through the process. (Click on the button below to watch a video tutorial.)
2. Plug in the projector to an electrical outlet and turn it ON.
3. Connect the video cable (usually VGA or HDMI) from the projector to the Mac. In order to do this, you will most likely need a Mac adapter cable. (Note: Adapters vary depending on your computer’s video inputs. Click on the button above to view our adapter guide.)
4. Once the Mac and projector are connected, click on the Apple Menu in the top left corner of your screen.
5. Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
6. Select the Displays icon.
7. When the Displays window appears, click the Detect Displays button.
8. At this point your Mac and projector should be synchronized.If not, try following these steps:
a. Click on the Apple Menu in the top left corner of your screen (Step 4)
b. Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu (Step 5)
c. Select the Displays icon (Step 6)
d. When the Displays window appears, select the Arrangement tab within the menu bar
e. Check the Mirror Displays box in the lower left-hand corner of the window (Note: After checking this box, wait several seconds. Once the displays are mirrored, you should see the same image on both your projector and computer.)