How to Connect a Mac to a Projector1.
Turn ON your Mac
2. Plug in the projector to an electrical outlet and turn it ON
3. Connect the video cable (usually VGA or HDMI) from the projector to the Mac. In order to do this, you will most likely need a Mac adapter cable. (Note: There are at least five different Mac adapter cables, which will vary depending on your computer’s video inputs.)
4. Once the Mac and projector are connected, click on the Apple Menu in the top left corner of your screen
5. Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu
6. Select the Displays icon
7. When the Displays window appears, click the Detect Displays button
At this point your Mac and projector should be synchronized. If not, try following the steps below:
- Click on the Apple Menu in the top left corner of your screen (Step 4)
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu (Step 5)
- Select the Displays icon (Step 6)
- When the Displays window appears, select the Arrangement tab within the menu bar
- Check the Mirror Displays box in the lower left-hand corner of the window (Note: After checking this box, please wait several seconds. Once the displays are mirrored, you should see the same image on both your projector and computer.)
That should do the trick!
Related ArticlesMeeting Tomorrow
provides organizations and businesses with AV and event technology services including computer rental
solutions, LCD projector rental
solutions, and iPad rental
To learn more about planning meetings and events, call 1-877-633-8866.